Sunday, January 24, 2010

Cake Doughnuts


















A good friend of mine inspires me to bake. Before I met her I had no clue how to bake gluten, soy and casein free. I was just surviving and learning the basics. Well, she is an amazing cook and baker and this is one of her recipes but just in a different form. I loved donuts and it is one of the things that I really miss not having. I am also not willing to play a dollar a donut to buy 6 pre-made frozen ones, although they are yummy! I as well, prefer to be able to pronounce all of the ingredients that go into my food. So, at her blog myaspergersgirl.blogspot.com, this is the basic recipe GFCF Sandbox cake. I used her All Purpose Sorghum Flour Blend. The margarine I use is earth's balance natural buttery spread.

I took her recipe and instead of putting it in a cake pan I put it in a muffin top pan. Bake at 375 degrees. Start checking it to be done at 20 min. by inserting a toothpick until it comes out clean. Once done, allow to cool and remove from pan. Use a small cookie cutter to make the center hole. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment